Geriatric Care Specialist
- Masters in Social Work or Masters in either Counseling, Psychology, or Gerontology
- Two years experience in geriatric care or as a social worker, or any suitable combination of education, training, or experience.
- Provide assessment of needs; including in-home assessment of care recipients to determine ADL eligibility.
- Develop and review caregivers/care receivers care plans to comply with change in clients needs.
- Complete and maintain accurate clients’ records and Monthly and Quarterly reports.
- Input accurate worker log information into DFTA SPP system
- Provide individual and group counseling to caregivers and care receivers that may include, but is not limited to: depression, anxiety, bereavement, psychosomatic illnesses, family reconciliation, and maladaptive behaviors, cross cultural barriers.
- Provide training/education sessions for caregivers.
- Provide or purchase concrete items to aide to caregivers and care recipients.
- Coordinate provision and purchase of temporary relief for eligible caregivers in the form of in-home respite services.
- Intervene as advocate for caregivers/care receivers to resolve urgent needs and empower caregiver to handle challenge in crisis situation.
- Conduct outreach and provide program information to the public in the community.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Monday to Friday from 9:00am-5:00pm